St. Kenelm's Church Photos by
John Wilkes of Cam near Dursley, Gloucestershire
The Gloucestershire Photo Library:

Page composition by Allan Taylor of Vancouver, Canada
http://www.allthecotswolds.com

St. Kenelm's, apart from the Perp north-west tower of 1460, was rebuilt circa 1820. The tower is of three stages with diagonal buttresses and an embattled parapet and a central pinnacle. Inside the church the broad nave forms a broad auditorium, with ribbed plaster ceiling with bosses and corbels. There are many memorial wall tablets and some of them are illustrated here - dedicated to Henry Higford; Matthew Hale; Frank Rodbard Malleson; Lieut Colonel Henry Powlett; Major-General Robert Hale; Colonel Mathew Holford Hale; Lady Theodosia Hale; and Rev James Phelps. The font is 13th-14th C, re-cut at a later date to give it the more popular octagonal look. The base comprises a cluster of four stone columns