Search billions of records on Ancestry.com



St. Mary's Church Photos by
John Wilkes of Cam near Dursley, Gloucestershire
The Gloucestershire Photo Library

The lower part of the tower at St. Mary's is stone-built in the 13th Century with lancet windows. Above is a timber-framed belfry rebuilt with a shingled spire in 1875. A supporting beam dated 1502 is incorporated in the construction. The font is a Norman tub-shaped bowl. The two ornate wall monuments are in the Yate family mortuary chapel. The intricately detailed and older stained glass windows are by Kempe.

Page composition by Allan Taylor of Vancouver, Canada
http://www.allthecotswolds.com