Brookthorpe's large key looks a little small beside the key from Whaddon
St. Swithun's Church
Photos by John Wilkes of Cam
near Dursley, Gloucestershire
The Gloucestershire Photo Library

Page composition by Allan Taylor of Vancouver, Canada
http://www.allthecotswolds.com

St Swithun's is mainly 13th C. The north aisle was added in 1892. The 13th C west tower has a saddleback roof. The Early English chancel is well preserved and has a single lancet east window. The font is 17th C. There is memorial to the architect Detmar Blow who died in 1939. His name is carved on the splay of a cinquefoil-headed lancet window in the north side of the nave, by Eric Gill.