Coaley Parish Church Photos by John Wilkes
of Cam near Dursley, Gloucestershire
The Gloucestershire
Photo Library
:

Page composition by
Allan Taylor Vancouver, Canada
http://www.allthecotswolds.com

St. Bartholomew's has a Perp tower of four stages, with diagonal buttresses, embattled parapet with traceried panels, and the remains of crocketed pinnacles. The rest of the church was rebuilt in Dec style by Jacques & Son, 1854-58. The north arcade is of five bays, with octagonal piers ornamented with ballfowers round the abaci. The stained glass east window of the north aisle is by Wailes, 1856; and there is other stained glass by Geoffrey Webb, 1925; and by Lavers & Westlake, 1886.
RETURN TO MONTAGE INDEX