The nave of St. Mary the Virgin's Church at Lower Swell was built in the mid-19th Century by J. C. Buckler & Son. The chancel was added in 1870. An earlier church existed on this site since the 12th Century. The original, elaborately decorated, Norman chancel arch is incorporated in the Victorian building. This arch incorporates several orders including a plain band; a roll on edge; a diapered embellished band; a double-cable moulding; and a band of symbolic carvings - including animals and humans. The font is 15th Century. There is some stained glass work in the church by Clayton & Bell.
Spa Cottages are built in the Moghul style imitating nearby Sezincote. The central ashlar faced cottage was built as a spa. The central door has a Hindu-style hood under a pineapple while the windows either side have ogee-shaped arches and honeysuckle finials.