St. Mary's is Perp in style replacing a previous Norman church. The tall three-stage west tower has a south-east stair turret, diagonal buttresses, two-light belfry openings, and a pierced parapet with trefoils and pinnacles. The tall clerestoried nave has aisles that continue for two bays alongside the chancel. All the interior walls are scraped. The 15th C font is an octagonal bowl with heather-shaped shields. There is stained glass in the church by Alexander Gibbs, 1863; and Joseph Bell & Son, 1910.