The Church of St. Michael and All Angels, Stanton displays architectural features which date from the 12th Century. There are three Norman pillars (circa 1200 AD) forming the North arcade of the nave. The trancepts date from the 13th Century.
There was once a central tower at the crossing. Over time the prevailing South-Westerly wind must have flushed out the mortar in the pointing on the South and West elevations of the tower causing it to collapse and crush the South arcade. The South arcade was rebuilt in Early English style with pointed arches. The nave was lengthened by one whole bay. A new tower with spire, far better built out of cut stone was constructed at the West end in the 15th Century. The porch was built at this time.
The blue stained glass window illustrated here is by Sir Ninian Comper and bears his yellow strawberry plant motif. At the North West end of the nave, the wooden poppy end carvings of several bench ends are deeply ringed by the dogchains of the sheepdogs, brought by their masters to church. The font is in the 15th Century Perpendicular style. Outside the doorway of the porch stands a modern carving of St. Michael.