St. Michael's is a medieval church much altered in the Mid 18th C. The north porch has an ogee-arched moulded entrance with a crocketed finial. The south transeptal tower is of coursed Pennant stone with flush ashlar quoins of alternating lengths. The tower is of three stages, with diagonal buttresses on the lower stage, and a Perp embattled parapet with pinnacles. The font is Norman, square and with scalloped corners. There is stained glass in the church by Joseph Bell & Son There is a wall tablet in the church to those who perished in the First World War; and those who perished in the Second World War are commemorated on the War Memorial by the village green. The former National School facing the green is of coursed stone with ashlar dressings and was built for the Duchess of Beaufort by J.D. Tait in 1863. The school has decorative bargeboards and lattice windows.