St. Mary Magdalene's Church
Photos by John Wilkes of Cam near Dursley, Gloucestershire
The Gloucestershire Photo Library

St. Mary Magdalene's Church at Church End, Twyning is Norman but was considerably restored in 1867-68 by John Middleton. The long nave has Norman walls with flat pilasters on both the North and the South. It also has the remains a few blocked original windows. The existing windows are 19th Century but in the Nornan style. The font is 15th Century with a plain octagonal bowl. In the village of Twyning, there are several timber-framed cottages. The Manor House, in a small park, is to the North of the village. It dates from the Mid-19th Century and is of stone. It is three-storeyed, with large gables and dormers to the attic.

Page composition by Allan Taylor of Vancouver, Canada
http://www.allthecotswolds.com