Cassel's Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1900
Rosliston, pa. and vil., S. Derbys., 5 s. of Burton; ac. 1,197; soil various, overlaying gravel. The church of St. Mary the virgin is chiefly modern, having been erected in 1819; but it as at an early period a chapelry of Walton, and was referred to in the taxation-roll of 1291. The tower and spire are of the first half of the 14th cent. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Thanks must go to Kevin for this transcription.