Genealogy Resource Suppliers
This list gives an index of online shops and suppliers where you can purchase
genealogical and family history resources.
- Ambra Books
- Established in 1972 by Ivor Cornish, Ambra Books specialises in buying and
selling antiquarian and secondhand books for the West Country. These cover
the following areas: Bristol, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset
and Wiltshire. The subjects relating to each county include works on history
(local, industrial, mining and social), topography, genealogy, archaeology, geology,
agriculture and natural history.
Archive CD Books
was founded by Rod Need with the aim of reproducing genealogical material
onto CD-rom. Due to Rod's retirement, resources are no longer available
from the British site. However, resources that include old books,
documents and maps, Trade Directories and various Censuses can still be
purchased from the Archive CD Books sites in Australia, Canada, Ireland,
Netherlands and USA. Please click on the respective country flag
to take you to the relevant store.
- Family History Quests
- Family History Quests is a one stop shop, where you can find everything from parish
registers, reproduction of old maps, books on family, local and social history,
software for storing family history research to online genealogy courses.
This site also provides free genealogy information and an extensive links directory.
- This is the online store of the Federation of Family History Societies which
include publications from over 100 Family History Societies and organisations.
- Letterbox Books
- Liz Shakespeare has published two books on the parish of Littleham (near Bideford).
These can be ordered through her website.
- Parish Chest
- This is an online family history store providing a wealth of genealogical products
and services to assist you with your research.
- S & N Genealogy Supplies
- Providing Family History Software and Data CD's to help with researching your ancestry.
Society of Genealogists Publications and Products
- Genealogy materials available from the Society of Genealogists.