This section provides links to personal websites dedicated to Devon that have been
submitted by researchers.
- A Genealogists Devon Connection*
- Hosted by Shirley Turner, this site contains lots of information for Devon.
- Devon DNA Project
- The Devon DNA project is for those with a direct paternal or maternal ancestral
line originating in the county of Devon. The only requirement for joining is
that participants must have documented evidence linking either their paternal
or maternal line to Devon. Debbie Kennett is the Group Administrator for this project.
- Devon Heritage
- M. Brine's website containing information, both past and present for the county of Devon.
- Devon History Selection
- John Lerwill's pages dedicated to Devon with a wealth of fascinating information about the county.
- Littleham (near Bideford)
- Liz Shakespeare has published two books on the parish of Littleham (near Bideford)
in Devon, which may be of interest to those with ancestors from this parish.
Liz provides indexes of surnames and place-names on her website and these indexes
are also included at GENUKI, which you can find by clicking on the book titles below.
L. Shakespeare (1990)
The Memory Be Green: An Oral History of a Devon Village
L. Shakespeare (2005)
Fever: A Story from a Devon Churchyard
- Old Devonport
- Brian Moseley has spent over 40 years researching the history of Plymouth. Born and bred in Devonport, he has collected a wealth of information which he presents through this site. His previous website Plymouth Data* is no longer "live", but information is still accessible.
- Petrockstowe One Place Genealogy
- Contains a wealth of information for the area including Parish and Census records.
- South Hams, Devon: A Genealogical Information Resource
- This site was founded by the late Ray Osborn (1931-2010) but has been taken over by Mike Mitchelmore (webmaster), Kathryn Barnett (transcriptions) and Kara Oosterman (offering look-ups). It is dedicated to the South Hams area of Devon, roughly
bounded by Dartmoor, the sea, the River Erme and River Dart. It contains
a transcriptions of parish registers and census records and a free look-up service of church
registers for most of the parishes within the ancient district of South Hams.
See the Parishes covered in the South Hams.
- Barbara Lupton's lovely website dedicated to the parish of Templeton in Devon.
This is a work in progress tracing the people and families that lived in the parish.
- United Kingdom Genealogy (includes Devon)
- Hosted by Nigel Batty-Smith. Includes scans from Devon and Cornwall Record Society's
publications of Registers of Exeter Cathedral, Parracombe (1597-1836), Plymtree (1538-1837)
and also the Visitations of Devon. Nigel is transcribing WHITE's (1878) Devonshire
Directory and will be adding The Western Antiquary (11 Volumes) in due course.
This site also has information relating to genealogy in other parts of the United Kingdom.
Note: Websites* marked with an asterix are no longer "live" on the internet or maintained and have been archived by the [Way Back Machine]. Information is generally still accessible, although some links or email addresses may no longer be available.