HARMONDSWORTH is a village and parish, 15 miles from London, and 5 west from Hounslow in Elthorne hundred, Uxbridge county court district, and Staines union and royal deanery. The river Colne runs near the village. The church of St. Mary is of Saxon and Norman origin, and has a clock and 5 bells. The living is a vicarage, annual value £400, with residence and 193 acres of glebe, in the gift of Miss Rainsford, and held by the Rev. James Percy Arnold of St. Peter's College, Cambridge. Here is a National school for boys and girls, erected by subscription. In the southern part of the parish are traces of an ancient entrenchment. There are market gardens. The parish contains 3,480 acres, and the population in 1861 was 1,385.
BURY MEAD is half a mile south west, MAD BRIDGE one mile south west.
LONGFORD, 15 miles from Hyde Park Corner, takes its name from it situation on a branch of the Colne, which supplies Hampton Court Palace. The district lies low, and is subject to be overflowed.
SIPSON (or Shepiston) is a village, one mile east from Harmondsworth.
KING'S ARBOUR and HEATH ROW are a mile and a half east from Longford.
From the Post Office Directory Middlesex 1866 published by CD Archive Books
The parish church of St. Mary:
3. CHURCH RECORDS
Parish Registers held for St. Mary's Harmondsworth at London Metropolitan Archive:
Copies at the Society of Genealogists (transcripts):
Copies at Hillingdon Local Studies Library, Uxbridge (transcripts):
International Genealogical Index
Vital Records Index
4. CENSUS INFORMATION
5. LOCAL PUBLICATIONS