HUNTINGDONSHIRE - HOUGHTON


The Green, Houghton early 1900's

HOUGHTON, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 2 miles (W. by N.) from St. Ives, containing 427 inhabitants. The living is a rectory with the curacy of Witton, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king’s books at £34.17.8½. Mrs. Peck was patroness in 1811. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


The Village, Houghton early 1900's

The Mill, Houghton early 1900's

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 21 May 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.