ABBOT'S RIPTON


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


St Andrew's ChurchRIPTON (ABBOTT'S), a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 4 miles (N.) from Huntingdon, containing, with Wennington, 379 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 21.7.6. Mr. and Mrs. Rooper were patrons in 1806. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There is a chapel of ease at Wennington, in this parish.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 5 January 2002
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.