ALCONBURY


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


ALCONBURY, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county Of HUNTINGDON, 4½ miles (N.W.) from Huntingdon, containing 783 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 8.6.1., endowed With 200 private benefaction, and 300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. A fair is held on Midsummer-day. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.

.

Return to Places Index page


Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 25 July 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.