ELLINGTON


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


ELLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 5½ Miles (W. by N.) from Huntingdon, containing 344 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 20, endowed with 200 private benefaction, 400 royal bounty, and 300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Peterhouse, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to All Saints.

Return to Places Index page


Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 31 July 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.