This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
ELTON, a parish
in the hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 4¾ miles
(N.E.) from Oundle, containing 785 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in
the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's
books at £23.9.2., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of University
College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has portions in the decorated,
with insertions in the later, English style. There is a place of worship for
Wesleyan Methodists. A free school is endowed with between £40 and £50 per annum.
Return to Places
Comments and Other Information
on: 31 July 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.