FEN STANTON


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


Clock Tower

FEN-STANTON, a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 2½ miles (S. by E.) from St. Ives, containing 776 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage with the perpetual curacy of Hilton annexed, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 11.11.5½., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity Hall, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. Joseph Ellis, in 1728, endowed a school with about 10 a year, for teaching four children of Fen-Stanton, and four of Fen-Drayton. The river Ouse runs through the parish.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 5 January 2002
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.