FLETTON


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


FLETTON, a parish in the hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 1 mile (S. by E.) from Peterborough, containing 159 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 9.3.9. The Earl of Carysfort was patron in 1798. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. In digging a well in this parish, in the year 1739, fossil shells and wood were found at the depth of thirty feet.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 14 August 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.