GREAT PAXTON


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


PAXTON (GREAT), a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 3 miles (N.E. by N.) from St. Neotís, containing 250 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, with the perpetual curacies of Little Paxton and Toseland, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln. rated in the kingís books at £16.2.11., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The river Ouse bounds the parish on the west.

See the village web site for Great Paxton

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 7 August 2001
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.