GREAT STAUGHTON


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


STAUGHTON (GREAT), a parish comprising the divisions of North Side and South Side, in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 3¼ miles (S.E. by S.) from Kimbolton, and containing 1173 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £ 20, and in the. patronage of the President and Fellows of St. Johnís College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There are two small be quests in support of a school, by Elizabeth Couyers, in 1709, and John Poachby, in 1727.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 20 August 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.