GREAT STUKELEY


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


STUKELEY (GREAT), a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 2½ miles (N.W.) from Huntingdon, containing 341 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 6.14.2., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity Hall, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, is principally in the Norman style of architecture.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 9 August 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.