HARTFORD


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


HARTFORD, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE county of HUNTINGDON , 1¼ mile (E. by N.) Huntingdon, containing 371 inhabitants, The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, arid diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king’s books at £4.1.0½., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has various portions in the Norman style of architecture.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 12 September 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.