HEMINGFORD ABBOTS


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


HEMINGFORD (ABBOTS), a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 2½ miles (W.) from St. Ives, containing 400 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 26.13.4. Lady Olivia Sparrow was patroness in 1811, The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. A school for the education of boys and girls is supported by the rector.

Hemingford Abbots has its own village website.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 7 May 2002
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.