HEMINGFORD GREY


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


HEMINGFORD (GREY), a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 1¾ mile (W. by S.) from St. Ives, containing 475 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king’s books at £9.16.10., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity Hall, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. James. The river Ouse passes the village. Cowper, the poet, wrote "The Dog and the Water Lily" when on a visit here.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 12 September 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.