KING'S RIPTON


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


RIPTON (KINGS), a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 3½ Miles (N.E. by N.) from Huntingdon, containing, with the hamlet of Sapley, 260 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 11.19.7., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Peter.

For more information see the Kings Ripton village site.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 18 November 2001
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.