UPTON


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


UPTON, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 6½ miles (N.W.) from Huntingdon, containing 151 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, consolidated with that of Coppingford, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is partly in the early style of English architecture, with a curious ancient font.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 1 August 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.