This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
WARBOYS, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE,
county of HUNTINGDON, 4½ miles (S. S. B.) from Ramsey, containing
1353 inhabitants The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon,
and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £27.10., and in the patronage
of William Strode, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene, has lately
received an addition of two hundred and fifty-four sittings, of which one hundred
and fifty-eight are free, the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches
and chapels having granted £200 towards defraying the expense. There is a place
of worship for Baptists.
Return to Places
Comments and Other Information
on: 1 August 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.