WOODSTON(E)


This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"


WOODSTONE, a parish in the hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, ¾ of a Mile (S.W. by W.) from Peterborough, containing 149 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 7.11.3., and in the patronage of John Bevis, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Augustine. John and Mary Walsham, in 1728, gave certain land for the establishment of a school and other charitable purposes.

Return to Places Index page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 1 August 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.