Lincolnshire logo

Apley

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2363
1871 R.G. 10 / 3375
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Top

Church History

St. Andrew Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Apley is both a parish and a village about ten miles east of Lincoln and two and a half miles southwest of Wragby. Langton by Wragby parish lies to the east, Goltho parish to the north and Stainfield parish to the south. The parish covered about 1,660 acres in 1842, including 300 acres of woodland. The parish includes the hamlets of Hop Lane and Kingthorpe (one mile east of Apley village).

The parish is just south of the A158 trunk road as it passes between Lincoln and Horncastle, and west of the B1202 road. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    ;Year  Inhabitants
1801 121
1831 152
1841 162
1851 192
1871 231
1881 189
1891 167
1911 149
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 13-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project