Lincolnshire logo

Belleau

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2111
1861 R.G. 9 / 2379
1871 R.G. 10 / 3398
1891 R.G. 12 / 2606
Top

Church History

St. John the Baptist Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

This small village and parish is in the vale of the Eau rivulet, to which it contributes a small stream. It lies 4 miles north-west of Alford, 9 miles north of Spilsby and 8 miles south-east of Louth. The parish only covers about 700 acres.

Claythorpe is a hamlet and chapelry in Belleau parish. Although often called a parish, Claythorpe does not appear to have ever had a church of its own, or the church fell out of use in early Norman times. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

John FIRTH has a photograph of the Belleau War Memorial in the church on Geo-graph, taken in 2010.

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Belleau War Memorial and the names on the monument, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Belleau  Claythorpe
1801 113 54
1831 107 61
1871 95 93
1881 154 89
1891 155 ?
1901 50 ?
1911 60 ?
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 28-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project