Lincolnshire logo

Blankney

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2100
1861 R.G. 9 / 2341
1871 R.G. 10 / 3347
1891 R.G. 12 / 2577
Top

Church History

Blankney St. Oswald parish church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

This village and parish is 10 miles north of Sleaford and 10 miles south-east of Lincoln. The parish is a long, narrow structure, one mile wide and 11 miles long, running east to west. The east end of the parish is the River Witham. The parishes of Temple Bruer, Scopwick and Martin lie to the south and Metheringham to the north. Linwood, 3 miles east of the village, is a hamlet in the parish, as is Barf or Barff. The parish covers some 6,800 acres of Fen and black moorland.

Modern-day visitors to Blankney often come for the golf. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Directories

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 410
1831 543
1841 640
1871 568
1881 658
1891 627
1901 579
1911 617
1921 600
1991 262
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-February-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project