Lincolnshire logo

Brant Broughton

Description and Travel

Brant Broughton, not to be confused with Broughton by Brigg, is a parish and village about 8 miles east of Newark on Trent and 12 miles south of Lincoln. To the north lies Carlton le Moorland parish, to the south is Stragglethorpe and to the west are Stapleford and Beckingham parishes. The parish covers about 2,990 acres. The farms called Broughton Clays, two miles west of the village, are part of the parish.

The River Brant flows northward on the east side of the village. If you are planning a visit:

Brant village sign - Brant village sign closeup

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 615
1851 H.O. 107 / 2136
1861 R.G. 9 / 2477
1891 R.G. 12 / 2712
Top

Church History

Brant Broughton St. Helen parish church

Brant Broughton St. Helen church -  side view

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Year  Person
1842 Wm. ATKIN, vict.
1868 Joseph RICHARDSON
1872 Thomas GOODMAN, tailor
1882 James Henry PORTER, vict.
1900 Samuel HALL
1913 W. DAVIS
1930 Geo. PEARCE, propr.
Year  Person
1842 Wm. HALLIS, vict.
1868 Thomas SMITHSON
1872 Thomas SMITHSON, vict.
1882 Elisha ROCKLEY, vict.
1900 William DOWSING
1913 William DOWSING
1930 Charles T, BIGGIN
Top

Land and Property

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 567
1841 650
1871 685
1881 679
1891 657
1911 531
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 22-November-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project