Lincolnshire logo

Bullington

Description and Travel

Bullington was an ancient parish about eight miles northeast of Lincoln and two and a half miles west of Wragby. It is now a township of Goltho parish. Goltho parish lies to the east, Rand parish to the north and Newball to the south and west. The parish covered about 750 acres in 1842. Ecclesiastically, the parish was united with Goltho to form one tithe-free parish in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Lincoln. Together, the two parishes covered about 2,540 acres.

The parish is skirted on the north side by the A158 trunk road as it passes between Lincoln and Horncastle. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2363
1871 R.G. 10 / 3377
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Top

Church History

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 45
1831 50
1871 53
1881 51
1891 50
1911 51
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 13-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project