Lincolnshire logo

Cadney (Cadney with Housham)

Description and Travel

Cadney (with Housham) is both a village and a parish in the north of Lincolnshire, just east of the River Ancholme. The parish lies about 160 miles north of London and two miles south of Brigg. The parish is part of the low cars or marshes and covers about 5,000 acres.

The village of Cadney is about three miles east of the old Roman road, Ermine Street, now the A15 trunk road, near Hibaldstow. Howsham (also spelt "Housham") is a hamlet and a township in the parish, about a mile east of Cadney. If you are planning a visit:

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 630
1851 H.O. 107 / 2116
1861 R.G. 9 / 2398
1871 R.G. 10 / 3428
1891 R.G. 12 / 2625
Top

Church History

Cadney All Saints parish church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Maps

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 236
1831 334
1871 515
1891 428
1911 452
2001 429
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 18-January-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project