Lincolnshire logo

Caenby (or Cannby)

Description and Travel

Caenby is both a small village and a parish 7.5 miles west of Market Rasen and 13 miles north of Lincoln. Gainsborough lies 12 miles east, Normanby parish lies to the south and Glentham parish to the north. The parish covers over 1,450 acres and includes the hamlets of East Firsby and West Firsby.

Caenby village (also spelled Cannby) is small enough that the name does not appear on many small-scale (large area) maps. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 630
1861 R.G. 9 / 2363
1871 R.G. 10 / 3376
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Top

Church History

Caenby St. Nicholas parish church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 119
1821 121
1831 176
1841 185
1851 146
1871 122
1881 129
1891 116
1911 103
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 18-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project