Lincolnshire logo

Caythorpe

Description and Travel

Note: This parish is often confused with Claythorpe in Lincolnshire. And, there is a Caythorpe in Nottinghamshire, also.

Caythorpe is a parish and village just 10 miles ESE of Newark-on-Trent, 9 miles west of Sleaford and 10 miles north of Grantham. Fulbeck parish lies to the north, with Stubton parish to the west. The parish covers about 4,240 acres. The parish is long on its east-west axis and narrow on the north-south one, extending west to the River Brant and east almost to Ermine Street. The parish includes the hamlet of Frieston 1/2 mile south of the village, pronounced by the locals as "Fryston".

The village of Caythorpe lies on the Cliff range of hills. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2482
1891 R.G. 12 / 2716
Top

Church History

Caythorpe parish church

Caythorpe Saint Vincent

Caythorpe Saint Vincent

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Caythorpe War Memorial Plaques and the names on them, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 437
1841 821
1851 889
1871 850
1881 897
1891 897
1901 903
1911 867
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 5-December-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project