Lincolnshire logo

Claxby by Well (Claxby by Alford or Claxby St. Andrew)

Description and Travel

Claxby is a village and a parish about 3 miles south of Alford. The parish covers about 1,000 acres. Well parish is to the north and Willoughby parish to the southeast.

If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2110
1861 R.G. 9 / 2377
1871 R.G. 10 / 3395
1891 R.G. 12 / 2605
Top

Church History

Claxby Well St. Andrew parish church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Claxby War Memorial and the name on it and the monument in the churchyard, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 78
1831 101
1871 95
1881 99
1891 87
1911 85
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-November-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project