Lincolnshire logo

Coleby

Note: There are at least three Colebys in Lincolnshire alone. The description below is for the parish. The other two are hamlets in other parishes.

Description and Travel

This village and parish lie south of Lincoln and just south of Harmston. Auborn parish is to the northwest and Boothby Graffoe parish to the south. The western boundary is the River Brant. The parish covers about 2,600 acres.

The village sits on the Cliff range, near the old Ermine Street (the Roman road from London to the Humber River). If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 616
1861 R.G. 9 / 2354
1871 R.G. 10 / 3364
1891 R.G. 12 / 2587
Top

Church History

Coleby All Saints parish church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

John Emerson, who retains the copyright, provides these photographs of the war memorial at Coleby:

War memorial

War mem. plaque

There is a photograph of the memorial and a list of names at the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 301
1831 415
1841 427
1851 423
1871 423
1881 435
1891 426
1911 368
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 20-December-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project