Lincolnshire logo

Covenham

Description and Travel

Covenham is a parish about 6 miles north of Louth. In the parish are two villages, now joined; Covenham St. Bartholomew and Covenham St. Mary. A small rivulet divides the two villages. Austen Fen is a small low marsh near the Louth Navigation Canal.

If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2112
1861 R.G. 9 / 2386
1871 R.G. 10 / 3409
1891 R.G. 12 / 2611
1901 R.G. 13 / 3087
Top

Church History

Covenham St. Bartholomew

Covenham St. Mary

Covenham St. Mary

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

Nicola PIKE has provided a list of names on the War Memorial in the church of St. Mary.

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 284
1831 385
1841 506
1881 406
1891 347
1911 271
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 15-June-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project