Lincolnshire logo

Cranwell

Description and Travel

Cranwell is both a village and a parish four miles north-northwest of Sleaford. Brauncewell parish lies to the north, North Rauceby to the south and Fulbeck to the west. The parish covers just over 2,520 acres.

Parish boundaries have changed over the last two centuries. Go here to find the West Lindsey ward (modern parish) boundaries.

The village of Cranwell is small and lies mostly on the north side of the road that runs through the parish. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2344
1871 R.G. 10 / 3351
1891 R.G. 12 / 2580
Top

Church History

Cranwell St. Andrew parish church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Genealogy

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

The population soared in 1921 after Byards Leap parish was merged and the RAF college opened.

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 88
1811 102
1841 230
1861 233
1871 219
1881 206
1891 188
1901 138
1911 184
1921 2,191
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 17-November-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project