Lincolnshire logo

Deeping St. James (East Deeping)

Description and Travel

Deeping St. James is both a village and parish a few miles north of Peterborough, 11 miles southwest of Spalding and 89 miles north of London. The River Welland is the parish's southwest boundary. Across the river lies Northamptonshire. Market Deeping lies to the north and west. The area is flat fenland, drained by many small canals, including the South Drove Drain. The parish covers about 4,300 acres and includes the hamlet of Frognall.

Deeping st. James is often refered to as a suburb of Market Deeping. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 617
1851 H.O. 107 / 2095
1861 R.G. 9 / 2319
1871 R.G. 10 / 3317
1881 R.G. 11 / 3199
Top

Church History

Deeping St. James Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Correctional Institutions

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

There is a list of the names on the Roll of Honour at the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 1,160
1831 1,587
1841 1,733
1851 1,849
1871 1,720
1881 1,648
1891 1,501
1901 1,513
1911 1,544
Top

Schools

Top

Societies

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 7-September-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2001 EnglandGenWeb Project