Lincolnshire logo

Doddington (with Whisby)

Description and Travel

This village, township and parish lie just 6 miles west of Lincoln in Lincolnshire, just south of the Fossdyke Canal. Skellingthorpe parish is to the northeast and Thorpe on the Hill parish is to the south. The parish is bounded on the west by Nottinghamshire. The parish covers about 2,560 acres.

The village of Doddington is just outside the suburbs of the city of Lincoln. Whisby is a hamlet in the parish, although it was a separate parish for centuries. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2355
1871 R.G. 10 / 3366
1891 R.G. 12 / 2587
Top

Church History

St. Peter's Church

St. Peter's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 189
1811 209
1841 220
1851 264
1871 177
1881 156
1891 147
1901 149
1911 155
1921 128
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 17-March-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project