Lincolnshire logo

East and West Firsby

Description and Travel

East and West Firsby are a village and a parish north of the city of Lincoln. Saxby parish lies to the west and Spridlington parish to the south. Market Rasen is 9 miles to the east.

East Firsby is both a township and a parish, covering about 544 acres. West Firsby is a lordship and a parish, covering about 682 acres. West Firsby was principally one large farm, owned and operated by the Swam family during the late 1800's and early 1900's. West Firsby is considered the "oldest" of the two villages. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2364
1871 R.G. 10 / 3376
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Maps

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  East
Firsby
 West
Firsby
1801 52
1841 87
1871 40 55
1881 33 41
1891 18 47
1911 31 51
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 13-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project