Lincolnshire logo

East Keal

Description and Travel

East Keal is a parish southwest of Spilsby and southeast of Horncastle. West Keal parish lies to the west and Stickford parish to the south.

The village is often called just "Keal" and lies just 2 miles southwest of Spilsby. The hamlet of Keal Cotes lies partly in this parish. The parish covered about 1,860 acres in 1871, but increased to 1,934 acres by 1891. If you are considering a visit to the parish:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2374 & 2375
1871 R.G. 10 / 3391 & 3392
1891 R.G. 12 / 2603
Top

Church History

St. Helen parish church

Saint Helen's Church

Saint Helen's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Maps

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 268
1831 357
1871 424
1881 395
1891 350
1901 319
1911 296
1921 298
1931 280
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 27-August-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project