Lincolnshire logo

Fenton

Description and Travel

Fenton is a parish and village just 6 miles ESE of Newark on Trent and 3 miles due south of Beckingham parish. Stubton parish lies to the south. The parish covers about 1,230 acres of low, marshy land.

Note: There is a hamlet of Fenton in Kettlethorpe parish near Gainsborough.

The small village of Fenton lies between two small tributaries that drain into the River Witham. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2482
1891 R.G. 12 / 2716
Top

Church History

All Saints Church

All Saints Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Here are the surnames found in White's 1872 Directory of Lincolnshire:

HALL, JENKINSON, MARSLAND, RIPLEY, ROSS, WILKINSON and THURLBY.

Here's a partial list of surnames found in Kelly's 1913 Directory:

CODD, COUSINS, PICKETT.
Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 84
1841 120
1871 87
1881 84
1891 76
1911 52
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 2-September-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project