Lincolnshire logo

Flixborough

Description and Travel

This village and parish is in the north of Lincolnshire just 3 miles northwest of the conurbation of Scunthorpe and 7 miles east of Crowle. The River Trent forms the western border of the parish. The parish of Burton on Stather borders on the north and Gunness (Gunhouse) parish to the south. The parish includes about 2,650 acres of land and part of the hamlet of Crosby (SE 8711), now a suburb of Scunthorpe. Parts of the parish are subject to flooding under severe condiditions.

The village sits on a rise above the Trent, giving views over the surrounding countryside. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2401
1871 R.G. 10 / 3433
1891 R.G. 12 / 2627
Top

Church History

All Saints Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Roll of Honour

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 173
1831 210
1871 258
1891 242
1901 344
1911 239
2001 1,388
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 31-January-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project