Lincolnshire logo

Gedney Hill

Archives and Libraries

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 9
1851 H.O. 107 / 2097
1861 R.G. 9 / 2326
1871 R.G. 10 / 3326 - 3329
1881 R.G. 11 / 3207
1891 R.G. 12 / 2566
Top

Church History

Holy Trinity church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Gedney Hill (sometimes called "Fen End") is both a village and parish about 96 miles north of London, about 7 miles west of Wisbech off the A47 trunk road and 10 miles south of Holbeach. Fleet parish lies to the west and Sutton St Edmund parish to the east. The Old South Eau Drain forms the southern border, with Cambridgeshire just across the canal. The parish is large is a long, narrow affair running roughly north and south. The area is marshy Fenland, drained by many small canals and the South Holland Main Drain. The parish encompasses just under 1,900 acres.

If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

On plaques in front of War Memorial Hall are the names of those who fell in WWI and WWII. See the names at Roll of Honour site.

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 265
1841 460
1871 465
1881 344
1891 374
1901 323
1911 347
1921 375
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 30-September-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2001 EnglandGenWeb Project