Lincolnshire logo

Glentworth


Description and Travel

Glentworth is both a parish and a village just over 150 miles north of London, about nine miles east of Gainsborough and eleven miles north of the city of Lincoln. The parish itself is bordered on the north by Harpswell parish, on the east by the old Roman Road "Ermine Street", and to the south by Fillingham parish. The parish covers about 3,100 acres.

Glentworth village is in a small valley or dale. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

 Census
Year
 Piece Numbers
1861 R.G. 9 / 2410
1871 R.G. 10 / 3448
1891 R.G. 12 / 2636
Top

Church History

St. Michael's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

In the churchyard stands the War Memorial.

Richard CROFT provides his photograph of the War Memorial on Geo-graph, taken in 2008.

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Glentworth War Memorial and the list of names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 193
1831 298
1851 316
1861 340
1871 300
1881 368
1891 316
1911 278
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project